Monday, January 22, 2018

Third time's a charm... Or fourth? Fifth?

I've always loved writing, and due to many years of piano playing, I have some pretty mad typing skills.  I may not outrun anyone on the track (and by track, I mean literally anywhere...), but I can type really fast, which makes writing loads easier and faster with a computer.  So I can write close to the speed I can think.  Which is something, I guess. 

Over the years, I have maintained a pretty active social media presence, going way back to the MySpace days...  I enjoy posting things that happen in my life mostly so when I am older, I can look back on them and have easy access to memories that I'd otherwise forget.  That is the main reason I post as many things as I do.  Who doesn't want to look back in 10 years and remember the gross diaper their kid had or the awesome view of the lake while on vacation.  It's the good with the bad, and memories are memories.  I'm an equal opportunity memory-maker. 

Lots of people (maybe 8, I guess.) have suggested that I write a book someday.  And maybe someday I will.  This is the next best thing for now.  I've attempted to blog more than once, and so I'd be lying if I said I was optimistic that I will keep this one up for very long--but I'm going to try.  There's a lot going on in my life at the moment, and someday, it will be interesting to look back and remember things that I'd like to forget now... but may want to revisit at some point (more on that later.)

So... yeah.  [awkward silence]

No comments:

Post a Comment